Energy Efficiency Engineer, SoCalGas, Anaheim, CA
Engineer II: July 2015 – Present
Associate Engineer: July 2013 – July 2015
• Managed and coordinated all activities for projects of all sizes, including scoping of project, selection of consultants, cost estimates, budgeting and design.
• Identified and executed projects with potential and realized savings of over 2 million therms of natural gas in 2016, across a wide range of industries including petrochemical refineries, foundries, dairy, agriculture, and federal agencies.
• Evaluated and reviewed the feasibility of innovative projects presented by internal departments and external contractors. Considered design, state and federal codes, project scope, scale and financial implications.
• Measured and gathered data to support proposed projects and evaluate installations. Performed engineering calculations to develop technically sound findings, conclusions and recommendations.
• Maintained excellent technical and non-technical communication and documentation skills. Recommended improvements to process and deliverables, including forms and reporting.
Senior Engineering Intern, SoCalGas, Downey, CA
May 2012 – July 2013
• Interacted with over 200 businesses in various industries. Proposed energy efficiency projects to clients with the aim of improving process heating and steam systems.
• Produced quantitative assessments of opportunities for operational improvement, minimization of energy losses and recommendations for equipment upgrades or replacement.
• Attended presentations and training to stay abreast of latest trends, changes and advancements in the industry. Provided engineering assistance for distributed generation and combined heat and power projects.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
California State University, Long Beach, Long Beach, CA
B.S. in Mechanical Engineering; Graduated May 2013
• Software Experience: SolidWorks, Siemens NX 3D CAD Software; MATLAB; Microsoft Office
Senior Project: Solar-Driven Thermochemical Reformer
Fall 2012 – Spring 2013
• Goal: Isolating and extracting hydrogen gas from steam without fossil fuels. Researched methods for driving...
Login or Register to view the full resume.