Aerospace & Mechanical Design Engineer
Motivated and dynamic Engineer with a multifaceted technical career, passion for Startup & Agile
Prototyping, expertise in full-lifecycle project engineering, and hands-on knowledge of Advanced Stress/FEA
CAD analysis and research. Skilled communicator able to build collaborative relationships, motivate project
teams to achieve objectives, and engage stakeholders. Analytical and organized as well as highly adaptable,
innovative, and proactive in approach to solving complex problems.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering (2014) - City College of New York – New York, NY
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (2012) King Saud University – Saudi Arabia (ABET Accredited)
SolidWorks Flow Simulation Certificate of Achievement, Dassault Systemes, 2016
Mechanical EIT Certification, New York State, 2015
OSHA 10-Hour Certificate, 2015
Secretary, American Helicopter Society (Hampton Roads Chapter), 2017 – Present
Prototyping Engineer (7/2017 – Current) Unmanned Aerial Propulsion Systems – Hampton, VA
The company’s flagship product is a ducted, dual-rotor, multi jet VTOL UAV.
- Designed the throttle control mechanism from scratch (Onshape CAD), integrated it with the existing
prototype and am still improving on it. Structurally fortified and redesigned many aircraft
components and subsystems.
- Documented and improved the electrical system, and wrote the C++ control code that translates
transmitter signals to outputs to the motor and control mechanism.
- Spearheaded Flight testing and achieved first take-off milestone for the product. As well as first take
off of version 2.
- Manufactured (in house), replaced and repaired aircraft lightweight and composite components
using 3D printing and CNC.
- Currently designing and building version 3, testing for aerodynamic stability, and tweaking control
Lecturer (6/2017 – 7/2017) Duke University TIP – Winter Park, FL
Created and led summer course titled “Engineering in the Virtual World”, spanning CAD, FDM 3D printing,
and the building, programming, and remote access of RaspberryPi Zero W units.
▪ Encouraged critical thinking and innovation in students, designing lessons around full-lifecycle of product
development from brainstorming to procurement.
Project Engineer (6/2015 – 11/2016) Precibake – New York, NY
Directed every stage of lifecycle for Virtual Baker on 5+ models for multiple customers including
requirements gathering, concept development, prototyping, manufacturing, installation, and testing. Created
75+ engineering drawings in SolidWorks; GD&T in both ANSI and ISO standards, BOMs, and engineering
procurement documentation of parts and tools. Created 30+ RFQs and POs for subassemblies of metal,
ceramic, and plastic parts and software packages. Oversaw installation of final products and showcasing at
▪ Spearheaded initiation and integration of FEA SolidWorks Simulation to improve product prototyping.
▪ Directed acquisition of CFD tools and integration into design cycle for previously flawed product including
evaluation of feasibility and training other engineers to use SolidWorks Flow Simulation.
▪ Leveraged Kanban and Agile development methodologies as well as Confluence and Jira to research,
select, and design electromechanical systems for sensors and electronics.
▪ Led research into material properties to optimize food safety, high temperature resistance,
machinability, and cost of product.
▪ Performed comprehensive testing and model prototypes for stability, functionality, and fit using
Login or Register to view the full resume.